Royal School of Needlework-- 2015 Courses

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Nice Surprise

When I went to the Thames River Quilters guild meeting on Tuesday, my friend, Danielle, surprised me with a completed block holder. I had wanted to put this one together for years, but ran out of energy. Thanks, Danielle, for such a wonderful surprise of stitching it up for me. I love the soft, red flannel inside. This block holder is 20 inches and is large enough to hold my Mary Simon blocks. This type of holder, found in Elly Sienkiewicz' latest book, Baltimore Elegance, keeps blocks clean and wrinkle-free. It is random acts of kindness like this that spur me on. While pressing my completed blocks, I found a few more that I haven't posted to the blog, because I haven't photographed them yet. I hope to add them before I begin my next trip. I will be adding a photo of the new block holder as well.

5 comments:

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

Hi Margaret,
Just found your blog from Karen at "Journey of a Quilter". Love your applique work, so beautiful.
~Karen~
ps I'm a Connecticut neighbor from RI

Margaret said...

Hi, Karen from RI. Thanks for your comments. Do you do applique?

Carrie P. said...

Hi Margaret,
Welcome to blogging. I am here by Karen. She does great work and so do you. My passion is applique. Look forward to seeing more of things.

Robin said...

Hi Margaret! I too am here by way of Karen. I've been looking back at your previous posts and gazing at your beautiful album blocks. You do such lovely work! I can't wait to see more. :)

Margaret said...

Hi, everyone. Thanks for your comments. It is great when we all encourage each other with our applique. If you have a blog, please post it with your comment.