Royal School of Needlework-- 2015 Courses

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel, Azores


After 6 days at sea, we arrived at one of my favorite places, Sao Miguel. They have upgraded their port area a lot since our last trip. They have added a nice terminal area, several shops, a viewing area for concerts, as well as a yacht basin. Early in the morning. before our scheduled tour to Sete Cidades, I left the ship and walked to my favorite store on Avenida Atlantica. It also had been upgraded. In addition to the grocery store, there was a much larger gift store to accommodate cruise ship passengers, and many shoppers had already shown up. I was looking for the famous Portuguese toothpicks several of us had been using in our applique, but I must report that all of the brands of toothpicks were rounded on both ends. I did buy a very nice piece of lacework. Collecting lace is good when you are traveling. The weight is very minimal.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: