Royal School of Needlework-- 2015 Courses

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Am I Stitching?

I am busy working on another Mary Simon block. I have finished the vase, except fot the very bottom of the vase (which I must have left home on the ironing board). I have added one bird and a couple of flowers. As you all know, I should have started with the leaves, so I will start laying down about 85 leaves later on today.

I work in the Tahitian lounge on deck 10. As I sat in the front of the lounge today, the water spray covered the windows several times. We are approaching the Spitsbergen area, and the seas have become a little rougher. Great fun! No one admits to being a first-time-cruiser, but the captain keeps assuring those who may not have much cruising experience that this type of seas in the North Atlantic is very normal.

No comments: