Royal School of Needlework-- 2015 Courses

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Portable Applique Kit

 

I am always looking for a more efficient way to transport my applique projects. I purchased this bobbin holder and more than enough bobbins to store in the holder. I use mostly silk threads, so the next challenge was to wind the bobbins. Several nights while watching favorite programs on TV, I sat with my silk thread and spend hours winding it onto bobbins. I use YLI 100 silk thread, and after many hours of winding, it didn't look like I had accomplished much. Alberta, who is a member of our local applique group, suggested I used a bobbin winder. Jan brought hers for me to try, and the result was a task accomplished in a much shorter time! This convinced me to buy a winder of my own. The winder, itself, will stay home when I travel.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Cheri said...

Hi Margaret, Very clever! I would like that at home also, having all the color of threads right by me in the living room where I applique instead just a couple spools and the rest in the sewing room.

Happy Stitching...

Cheri

Margaret said...

Cheri, I do use it at home, too. It has space for toothpicks and seam ripper as well. When it clicks shut, it is very secure.
Margaret

María Elena said...

Hi Margaret, excellent kit! I have a small box of tools, but some threads are tangled.
Regards from Chile.

Jane in Cumbria said...

That looks like a great idea Margaret! It's great to have found your blog again. Happy stitching, Jane