Royal School of Needlework-- 2015 Courses

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Mary Moss --Snowflake Applications #4, 5, and 6

These are the final 3 of Mary's Snowflakes that will appear on this topic.

Being more traditional, from an applique perspective, I would iron the snowflake design onto the fabric that I would want to applique to a background fabric. Then I would mark around the snowflake, then cut within 1/8 inch of the design (batiks would be best to use). This would be basted to the background fabric, then needle turned. Alternately, one could also iron Lite Steam-a-Seam to the back of the snowflake to applique, press it to the background fabric and machine applique around the design after trimming the snowflake design to the marking line.

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jota said...

Apply what wonderful, beautiful, happy new year, memories of Baldomero ,Mandu

Maritza said...

Margaret, estos otros copos de nieve están muy bonitos también!!! me gustan mucho. Gracias por tus entradas. Espero que tengas un año 2011 lleno de buenas sorpresas para tí, un besote

Mamen said...

Hi Margaret.
It was very nice to meet bloggers in this world.
I'm glad you know my city, because it is beautiful.
I've seen your work and are really nice. I wish
HAPPY NEW YEAR and many new works to share.
Kisses from Spain
Mamen

irinapictures said...

Margaret, I am so impressed! I know nothing about this art and it is so beautiful and patient and full of the master's energy going from fingers into the fabrics. Great.