After I got the top of the vase stitched down, I didn't like the position, so I removed all the silk stitches and repositioned it where it was more pleasing to me. Then I re-basted it. The 2nd stitching went much faster, since the edges had already been turned under for the first attempt.
The design on the vase was not to my liking, so I re-drew it slightly. Now I had to decide how I wanted to get the design on the front. Nadine recently asked if I ever did the designs (flowers) off-block, so I thought now would be a great time to do that. By the way, if you haven't met Nadine, perhaps you would like to visit her blog, "Somewhere in Time".
I grabbed the nearby fabric and basted the design on it. (Actually, I later found a piece of lightweight pellon right next to my chair in another storage bag, but the fabric worked nicely.)
Working from the back layers to the front, I added each pedal.